Friday, February 26, 2010

Days like this...

Bather's Beach!!!

15 days....I have been out of the country for 15 days. I am definitely missing some of my favorites back home. Cheeseburgers. A juicy cheeseburger sounds amazing. My bed, with my pillows, that also sounds amazing. But you know life goes on. Megan and I converted are really cool comforters into a second pillow and it made sleeping ten times better. So we are working on things. But a good cheeseburger, that will make the cravings go away, that might take some time to find.

I am having a blast though. The first week of classes are finally over. I am officially way more nervous than I thought I was going to be. This semester is going to be a lot of time spent in the library and reading. Two things I am not too good at. Today was Friday and it's my longest day of classes. Nic, our house mom, made a delicious breakfast this morning for us. We all had our 8:30 class this morning so it was a good start to a HOT day. Finally made it to my last class, I was not looking forward to 3 hours, but the good news was that our teacher let us out 2 hours early. Life was good.

It was way hotter than it ever should be today and last night we had the most intense thunder and lightening storm I have ever seen. Its funny because I woke up and definitely thought it was all a dream because you would have never known it rained.

I hope to go to the beach more next week. It was a pretty overwhelming week with class and all. On Monday though we went to Bather's Beach. It is just a two minute walk from our dorm. Amazing. Tomorrow there a few possible things to do. Zoo? Shopping? Who knows but it is Kurt's birthday so a fun night will be had. Time to go get out of Cleo's for awhile. It has been a long hot day. Hopefully outside will be a little cooler than our room!

No comments:

Post a Comment