Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Procrastination is key...

a mom with her joey

me feeding the kangaroo

me with the sleeping koala

my friend heather and i with the wombat!!

So as I sit here with a very full belly, I am contemplating how to start this 10 page paper. It is tough, especially since the teacher just left after having dinner here and I am so full I don't think I can focus. But yes, tonight a few girls invites Shane over for dinner, he's our Australian History teacher and a very funny man nonetheless. We had stuffed french toast and yogurt parfaits for dessert. It was a fabulous community meal. As one group of girls left for a night out, one group is watching a documentary about the Aborigines, one other group is watching lost, and I am in the unfortunate group of trying to start this paper. But of course, I decide to update you all on my fabulous weekend at the Wildlife Park.

Caversham. Only the greatest place ever. Saturday was a big day out. We boarded the buses early and took a pretty long trip to the park. We got there and immediately we got to the farm show. We learned how to round sheep up using the dog and then how to sheer a sheep. It was insane to watch them sheer it! It is such a precise process so it all pretty much comes of in one peice. It was way cool. Then we got our tour. We went to the sheep and baby sheep first and saw some really precious dogs also. The next stop was the Kangaroos!!! We got to go inside the huge area wih the kangaroos and feed them and sit next to them and pet them and do anything!! It was so much fun to be in their environment. Next we went to the Koalas. They sleep 22 hours a day so we had to be careful of which ones we touched and what not. But we got to get really close, it was amazing. Next was the wombat! We just got to pet it, no holding, but we got a pretty cool picture. It was so much fun at the park! I really enjoyed it, but the bus ride back we all knew was going to be long and hot. It was pretty much exactly that.

Sunday and the beginning of the week was pretty normal. Not much was going on. The weeks are really just flying by, it is insane! One day it's Monday and before I know it, it is Thursday. I am having so much fun. This weekend we are camping at Rottnest Island and I am so excited. It is a pretty cool island and there are no cars and we ride bikes everywhere and just enjoy being outdoors. I am so excited. We have something to do for every weekend until end of April, so we are def. keeping busy. Sea kayaking, chocolate and wine tasting, spring break, down south, and then BROOME! Broome is our big trip for a week where we go up north and stay with an Aborginie host family and do all this amazing stuff! They won't tell us yet but I am so excited. We are going to ride camels though on the beach at sunset, so we are all looking forward to that!

But 27 days since I have been home and man do I miss a lot! My cell phone! I do not miss having one, but I miss MY phone. It's weird. Also my dogs. I miss them a lot. Good thing I got some pictures before I left. Of course my family, but thats anytime I am away. Last but not least home. I miss my bed. The bed's here aren't bad, they are just firm and we only have one pillow. It's pretty bad. But the weather reminds me a lot of home so its nice. Fremantle is such an amazing place. I wish my family could visit. Its fabulous.

But I guess it's time for that paper writing to start. I don't wanna. O well. I guess it's the "study" part of study abroad. Let me tell you, I like the abroad part a hundred times more. Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment