Sunday, June 6, 2010

13 days till home!

So I have made it, 2 weeks till home. I am so excited!! This last week was 'study week' and I had a great week! As people left for their adventures to Tasmania, Bali, Sydney and Thailand there were 10 of us lovely people who stayed behind and decided to see what Perth and Fremantle had to offer us. It was an amazing week and really low key because so many people were gone. Saturday it all started as we were off to Karrakatta Cemetary to find Heath Ledgers grave. We were successful in finding the headstones of his family but his is not there. He body was cremated and his ashes were spread over Cottelsloe beach and ocean where his funeral took place and then over his family's headstones as well. It was a beautiful cemetery and it was so nice to be able to pay respects to such a gifted and talented actor.


The next highlight of the week was AQWA, the aquarium of Western Australia. This day was so much fun and we had beautiful weather. AQWA is located in Hillary's Boat Harbour and is right on the water. It is a beautiful location. We got there by public transportation, about an hour, and then we ate lunch. After lunch and ice cream of course we were ready for the cool fish we were so excited to see! We got it and saw some amazing things! They have one of the largest walk through shark tanks in the nation and they had the coolest sharks and sting rays! We also got to hold a lot of starfish and pet some sting rays and little baby sharks. We saw a lot of great animals and had a great day!



A great way to end the day was to see Sex and the City 2 with all the girls. After we got back we all napped ate dinner and went to the Newport bar to all have cosmos before we saw the movie. We had so much fun and the drinks were so tasty! I really enjoyed the movie A LOT even though a lot of the reviews are bad. I enjoyed it because the girls were back on the screen and their fashion and humor get me every time! I didn't need a plot or advancement in the characters, I enjoy the movie for what it was! So that ended are great day!



Slowly our week was ending and a lot of the girls and Kurt of course were on their way back. They all got home safe and sound and the house was full again! It was nice to have a noise level again, it was nice with a quiet house but I was ready for the house to be full again. Last night, Saturday night, Nic got a call from a friend saying she had four tickets to a footy game! Australian rules football is quite an experience. We saw the West Coast Eagles play the Melbourne Geelongs (?) I think. It was a great game, apparently the Geelongs are the best team in the league and I think we saw a pretty good match up because the Eagles stuck it out and not until the end of the second half really lost it. So it was really fun to go to a AFL game and see a good match up. Next week the whole house has tickets to the Fremantle Dockers game and we are REALLY excited for that!


So overall it was a pretty great week! I had a good time. We just back from an Aussie BBQ at our friend Tom's house. He cooked up some sausages and we had ginger beer and banana's foster for dessert. It was a great way to end the week. This week is all about studying. I wish I could sleep from tonight till June 19th. I think if I slept through studying and finals the end of my trip would have been pretty successful. Well till the next time, I love you all and family I will see you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment